Richard M. Ewaniszyk, Principal
The Firm’s founder, RICHARD M. EWANISZYK was admitted to practice law in 1982. For many years he served as the City attorney and represented various public entities in administrative, transactional, and litigation matters. He also represented hundreds of clients in serious personal injury and medical malpractice cases through settlement, arbitrations, meditations and jury trials. He has served as counsel to attorneys and judges in professional ethics and disciplinary matters. He has been a member of the Association of Trial Lawyers of America, the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, CACJ and has been acknowledged one of the top 100 Trial Lawyers in California by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Ewaniszyk has extensive experience in negotiating for and advising public entities on real property, public contract, employee grievance, personnel labor law related issues, as well as negotiating, analyzing and drafting collective bargaining contracts.
He previously served for 5 years as the City Attorney for the City of Adelanto. He assumed the position of City Attorney in the midst of endless litigation brought about by the war over George Air Force Base, by the ongoing water rights adjudication and numerous civil rights lawsuits pending in both state and federal court.
Mr. Ewaniszyk has considerable litigation experience representing both public entities and private clients on a wide variety of issues. He enjoys the respect of his colleagues and is highly regarded by the local judiciary.
Areas of Practice: Civil Litigation, Medical Malpractice, Criminal Litigation, Municipal Law, Personal Injury, Probate, Real Estate Litigation and Trial Practice
Admitted: California and U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; United States District Court, Central District, California; All Courts for the State of California, 1992
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyer
- Federal Bar Associations
- Association of Trial Lawyers
- California League of Cities
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Service as Judge Pro Tem, San Bernardino County Courts
Education: Juris Doctor, cum laude, Monterey College of Law, 1981
- Principal, The Ewaniszyk Law Firm, 2006 to present
- Associate, The Hegner Law Firm, 2002 to 2006
- Principal, Ewaniszyk & Higgins, 1996 to 2002
- Associate, The Law Offices of Thomas Thornburg, 1986 to 1996
- City Attorney, City of Adelanto, California, 1995 to 2000
- General Counsel, Adelanto Redevelopment Agency, 1995 to 2000
- Law Office of Thomas Thornburg, 1985 to 1995
- Law Office of Richard M. Ewaniszyk, 1983 to 1984
- Law Office of Robert Hatcher, 1982 to 1983
- Special Counsel for Town of Apple Valley, Apple Valley Unified School District, Marianas Water District and Bighorn Desert View Water Agency
- The State Bar of California (Chair, 2004-2005)
- Lawyers Assistance Program Oversight Committee (Chairman)
- High Desert Bar Association, (Board Member, 2002-2004)
- California Other Bar, (1990 to present; Past President, 1999-2001)
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Apple Valley Rotary Club Paul Harris Fellow